1. Get your child to YogaBugs. Unlike any other children’s acclivities YogaBugs is specially designed to not only give your child an enjoyable physical work out but also to improve their concentration. They will learn loads, have fun and develop their concentration skills. By using the yoga postures to tell stories, YogaBugs are able to engage children on a variety of levels and develop many skills.
2. Play ‘Beat The Clock’. Deadlines get things done. If a task has to be completed in a set time this will help your child focus. They way to make it fun is to turn into a game. As a general rule assume your child can concentrate without a break for one minute per year of age. So if your child is 5, set the clock to 5 minutes and ask them to complete the task before the alarm rings.
3. Avoid overwhelming your child. If your child is whisked from activity to activity they will never settle. Choose a couple of activities and allow for downtime in between. This will help them focus and will produce better results. Remember quality over quantity.
4. Eat the right foods. Eating healthy food will give your child the energy they need to focus for longer. Avoid foods that are high in sugar as these will lead your child to crash.
5. Remove all distractions. If you want your child to focus make sure all diversions are out of the way. If the television is off it ceases to become an option. There is no such thing as multi-tasking only multi-failing.