Yoga is full of calming postures that can help anyone relax and unwind from a long-day at work if you’re a parent or school if you’re a YogaBug.
Let’s start with a sleepy bedtime routine that you can do with your child!
- Begin the exercise by sitting on the floor with your child. (S/he can be sat beside you, face-to-face or even on your lap).
- Then, you and your partner need to inhale big deep breaths, filling your belly with lots of air.
- After you’ve done that, place your hand on your belly and feel your stomach move.
- At YogaBugs we like to count to four as we inhale and then count to four again as we exhale.
- Repeat this exercise three – four times for a full sleepy bedtime routine.
Good work! Now that you know the basics, let’s include some of our special relaxation poses!
Child’s pose: Sit on your heels, with you arms at your side. Lean forward and place your head on the floor facing down.
Cow Pose: Kneel on the floor on all fours. Raise your head up and sink your back down into a deep curve
Sleepy Star: Sit up straight, bring your legs into a diamond shape. Stretch your arms out to the side as far as you can. Finally, sway your body gently side by side like leaf blowing in the wind. We usually like to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star during this exercise to make our YogaBugs feel extra sleepy!
Try this tonight with your Son / Daughter and tell us what you thought of it on our Social Media Below… We would love you to join in the discussion!